It has been found that obesity is the main reason behind low testosterone levels also known as hypogonadism. Hypogonadism is found in nearly 75% of men considered as obese. This connection is found to be in men of all ages including the teenagers and the young men. It is a myth that low testosterone in older men is due to age. The truth is it is because of increased body weight.
The key findings of the risks associated with low testosterone:
- Testosterone plays a key role not only in obesity but also for blood glucose control as well as the sensitivity of the body to insulin and the processing of body fats such as triglycerides and cholesterol.
- The visceral fat increases as men gets older and who have low levels of testosterone.
- This fat is unhealthy and often linked to diabetes, high blood pressure, heart disease and insulin resistance.
- There is a strong link between low testosterone in the blood and increased insulin resistance
- Low testosterone level increases the risk of cardiovascular diseases and type 2 diabetes
- Decreased level of testosterone is also related to the risk of heart failure.
People with hypogonadism suffer from arterial stiffness and there is a correlation between the total testosterone level and the elastic
properties of the aorta. Arterial stiffness contributes to the cardiovascular conditions that ultimately heighten the risk of mortality. Hypogonadism is also linked with frailty. It has been observed that men with lower levels of testosterone are more likely to be frail when compared with men who have a higher level of testosterone.
Read More: Simple Tips To Lighten Dark Lips Naturally.
Testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) reverses the unfavourable risk associated with hypogonadism.
- TRT improves lung capacity, exercise tolerance and muscle strength in patient who suffers from chronic heart failure.
- It has a positive impact on insulin sensitivity specifically in the muscle therefore, leading to an improved flow of blood and oxygen to exercising muscle. This reduces the chances of fatigue.
- TRT eliminates the risk associated with cardiovascular factors such as metabolic diseases, diabetes and obesity.
- TRT aid testosterone-deficient elderly men who have limited mobility and cardiovascular diseases. It improves lean body muscles and minimizes the proportion of fat mass in the composition process of the body.
- TRT increases the metabolism and physical functioning of the body and also increases the strength of the body.
- It improves the cholesterol or blood lipid profile and improve the sensitivity of the body to insulin.
- Men with heart disease can benefit from TRT as it improves the exercise capacity, insulin resistance and body composition.
A new finding with low testosterone:
New evidences suggest that hypogonadism can be treated with a new hormone called kisspeptin or named after chocolate. The hormone is made by the human body. It was found in the city of Hershey, Pennsylvania that is famous for chocolates and therefore the hormone is named after the Hershey’s chocolate kiss. During the study, the researchers gave kisspeptin to men with hypogonadism and type 2 diabetes over a 12 hour period using drip.It was found that when kisspeptin was directed, the level of testosterone did not increase above its typical range.Low testosterone can rise abnormally by using supplementary injections